Initially formed in 1843, Plymouth Cricket Club played on fields on The Hoe until moving to South Devon Place (now Astor Playing Fields) in 1863. The club folded in
1905 until being "re-formed" in 1919 (playing away games only) before moving
to Beacon Down in 1922 and Peverell Park in 1924. The club has entertained
some of the major County teams over the years as well as hosting many Devon
matches. Unfortunately most of the Club records were lost when the pavilion
was burnt down in 1922 and also during World War II when a bomb caused a
fire in the Guildhall where they had been stored for safekeeping.
Extensive research from club member Phil Barrow has unearthed a lot of information covering the entire 150+ years of the existence of Plymouth Cricket Club.
Last Updated Sunday, November 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM GMT